On Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:16:46 AM UTC-6, Avihay Eyal wrote:

> I mean, If I'm a developer, I would prefer to somehow run the automated
> tests *before* I push to the repository, cause
> if an automated test failed and there's a bug in my code, I want to know
> that before pushing my change...
>
> How do you approach this problem?

The Git plugin allows you to merge from one or more branches at the start
of the job, then publish the results of that job to a central repository,
optionally choosing to only do publish if the job was successful.  I use
that capability to evaluate the content of my branches before my changes
are visible on the integration branch.

If you'd rather not publish your changes to a central repository before
they are evaluated, the Git plugin also allows you to list multiple
repositories which are to be polled.  Each developer's private repository
could then be added to the job and would be watched for changes, those
changes would be merged, and if the compile and tests were successful, the
merge could be pushed to the integration repository.

Mark Waite