Thanks for the response.  Didn't get much help on this one.

Yes, I'm seeing the same arguments on my Java process but all of my jobs are
logged UTC still.

/usr/bin/java -jar /usr/share/jenkins/jenkins.war
--webroot=/var/cache/jenkins/war --httpPort=8080 --ajp13Port=-1
-Dorg.apache.commons.jelly.tags.fmt.timeZone=America/New_York

The page was generated fresh, although, again, in UTC:

Page generated: Aug 14, 2013 7:14:48 PM

$ date
Wed Aug 14 15:15:23 EDT 2013

-Pete