Not sure what the problem is with text() either, but both were changed in the
same commit -- the advisories are probably just incomplete regarding impact on
API users:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/commit/0de3e9b14ed75f70279435e78eb9f6a3a1a179df

Unfortunately JENKINS-16936 is still open, so you either don't get these
features, or are running in a completely vulnerable mode.