Hi boy8bitx,

It sounds like it is part of your assignment to figure these items out, so
I will not answer your questions directly.  However, what I will say is
that most of these questions can be answered by playing with your Jenkins
installation and understanding Maven a bit better.
Jobs are cheap, so if you're not sure what the difference between a
freestyle job and a Maven 2/3 job, set up a job of each type and run builds
for each.  Read the inline help for each item in the configuration page.
 Make sure you run at least a couple builds under each job type.
For Maven functions related to your questions, you should probably make
sure you read and understand
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html.
 Try a few of the lifecycle commands to make sure you know what they do,
then try them in Jenkins to see if Jenkins can help you.

Hope this helps and good luck.  It's good to hear your teacher is exposing
you to these kinds of tools and technologies, it took me a while after
school to "discover" these and get them in place.

topher