From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Fleming
(BLOOMBERG/ 731 LEXIN)
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:35 AM
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: How to download plugins from Linux shell

The other recommendations you've received are really valuable, and you should
not discount them. If you go down the route of downloading HPI/JPI files
yourself, you will lose the benefit of dependency handling that Jenkins
provides. You will have to download *all* necessary plugins (not just the
top-level list you want to install), and when you want to upgrade any plugin
you'll need to be sure that its depedencies are met and that it does not break
dependencies for other plugins. This is all manageable, of course, but seems
like a great deal of extra work when you can just use jenkins-cli to tell
Jenkins 'install plugin XYZ' and let it handle that stuff.