Greetings all... (:

I'm somewhat new to CI servers in general so I was expecting a somewhat
steep learning curve... Jenkins has made life so very easy though, I'm most
of the way through my config and so far I've only had to do minimal
Googling.

Right now though, I'm having a problem with the VSS plugin
(link<https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Visual+SourceSafe+Plugin>).
Let me start with my current configuration... All projects in question are
built using NetBeans 7, so all NB's baggage comes along with it
unfortunately.

For Jenkins:

   - Jenkins home directory: C:\Jenkins
   - Launched with "java -jar C:\Jenkins\jenkins.war" to run as user
   - Active workspace: C:\Jenkins\workspace

VSS Plugin options for ProjectX

   - VSS Folder Path: "$/Andre - Test/ProjectX/"
      - This folder contains 'build.xml', 'lib', 'nbproject' (excl
      'private') and 'src'.

Project Settings:

   - Name: ProjectX
   - Other than pointing Ant to local NB installation folder and
   configuring VSS, everything else is default.

When pulling files from VSS, the plugin strips the '$' from the VSS folder
path and recreates that structure inside the workspace folder. So for
ProjectX as described above, Jenkins now has my source files in:

   - C:\Jenkins\jobs\ProjectX\workspace\Andre - Test\ProjectX\
      - This folder contains 'build.xml', 'lib', 'nbproject' (excl
      'private') and 'src'.

In order to get Jenkins to build this, I now have to manually set the
buildfile path for Ant to be "Andre - Test\ProjectX". Doing that works fine
though, and it only needs to be done once, so it's not that bad I suppose.
I'd still like to know if it's possible to get this olugin to stop
recreating the project parent folder structure from SourceSafe inside my
workspace. I'd like the plugin to instead do the following:

   - Pull source from VSS path ("$/Andre - Test/ProjectX/")
   - Place files into "C:\Jenkins\jobs\ProjectX\workspace
      - So this folder contains 'build.xml' [, ...]
   - Build project using standard project workspace folder

Looking at the VSS plugin source code, if line 233 of
VSSSCM.java<https://github.com/jenkinsci/vss-plugin/blob/master/src/main/java/scm/vss/VSSSCM.java#L233>
 is changed from...
String localPath = file.getAbsolutePath() + "/" + vssPath.substring(2);
...to...
String localPath = file.getAbsolutePath() + "/";
...then I think it would achieve what I'm looking for. But surely there
must be an easier way for a non-programmer to get this working...? I am,
after all, only an enthusiastic and adventurous software tester. (:

Anybody have any bright ideas here?