I'm trying to get an instance of Jenkins 1.530+current versions of plugins up and running but when I try to execute a multi-configuration (a.k.a. matrix) job, the child jobs are failing with:

Triggering x86_64,el5
Triggering x86_64,el6.4
x86_64,el5 appears to be cancelled
x86_64,el5 completed with result ABORTED
x86_64,el6.4 appears to be cancelled
x86_64,el6.4 completed with result ABORTED

When I look in the /var/log/jenkins/jenkins.log all it tells me is:

Oct 7, 2013 9:24:36 AM hudson.model.Executor run
SEVERE: Executor threw an exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:243)
Oct 7, 2013 9:24:36 AM hudson.model.Executor run
SEVERE: Executor threw an exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:243)
Oct 7, 2013 9:24:44 AM hudson.model.Run execute
INFO: foo #1162 main build action completed: ABORTED
Oct 7, 2013 9:24:44 AM com.sonyericsson.hudson.plugins.gerrit.trigger.gerritnotifier.ToGerritRunListener onCompleted
INFO: Completed. Build: foo #1162 Cause: null

I am able to successfully run things on the slaves using the Jenkins->Nodes->...->Script Console so I know the slaves are connected and generally operational.

Is there any way I can get more information about what the problem is exactly?

Cheers,
b.