Hi All,

Our setup is:

Tomcat 7.0.32
Jenkins 1.518
Multijob Plug in 1.9

We have multiple jobs that call a single downstream job for generating code
from Matlab

The upstream job takes the generated code from the downstream job and
compile.

The relationship between upstream and downstream jobs is M:1.

In this setup if more then 1 upstream job is triggered only one can execute
the downstream job and the others shall wait.

I want to create more than 1 downstream job so the code generation can be
run in parallel for multiple upstream jobs.

To do that I need to be able to select dynamically at run time which
downstream jobs can be executed by the upstream jobs.

Something like (having two downstream jobs A and B) in each upstream job

if downstream job A is not running then

call the downstream job A

else if downstream job B is not running then

call the downstream job B

else

wait

Our questions are:

Is there a plug in or some strategy that can be used to achieved this?

Is there a way to check if a downstream job is already executing? In this
way I can use the test for implementing the logic described.

Thanks
'
Alberto