I'm using a custom built version of the plugin (using the code from this
PR: https://github.com/jenkinsci/build-flow-plugin/pull/40). As you can see
from the commit history, this is based on the unreleased 0.11 version.

In my further exploration of this plugin (and the new version I had built)
I realized the build flow job no longer performs SCM operations, which I
was previously depending on for providing information (primarily git hash)
to the triggered builds. You can see my script
here: https://gist.github.com/mikedougherty/7227911

After some investigation I found this commit:
https://github.com/jenkinsci/build-flow-plugin/commit/444097d
which clearly shows that the plugin was intentionally changed to remove SCM
operation. However, now I'm unable to provide the required information to
the triggered builds.

I'm not 100% clear on why this behavior was changed. Aside from my
particular issue it seems to specialize the plugin even further away from
what I know as 'standard' jenkins build capabilities. I must admit I
struggled at first with the inability to add a pre-step before performing
the flow script. At a higher level, I don't understand why this is a
separate job type instead of a possible build step to be added to (e.g.) a
free-form project.

I'd appreciate any insight into the purpose of this change. Any info about
the design of the plugin would be helpful aid my understanding as well.

For now I'm afraid I'll have to use 0.10 with the customized retry()
function.

thanks!