Don't worry, I wasn't going to run around begging for money ;-)

I just have heard "...or you could use the enterprise version" one too many
times, so I think I'll give it a closer look (for real this time).

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com]
Im Auftrag von Stephen Connolly
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 21. November 2013 16:31
An: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Betreff: Re: Use different backend (plug in) for authentication and
authorization?

Try a 30 day evaluation license first... I am worried that you might be
confused about how the RBAC's local groups work... you are still going to be
limited by what the Security Realm you choose can provide... but one of the
reasons for RBAC was to allow Jenkins to manage its own internal group
details...

e.g. before I started at cloudbees, the problem I had when running Jenkins is
we needed to authenticate against corporate AD but we didn't want to deal with
the heavyweight corp IT process to create and maintain groups in AD, so being
able to have local groups was a critical requirement in any RBAC authorization
strategy, hence I baked it in as an *Additional* layer