I am trying to use the REST API to submit a job and follow it's progress.
The problem that I am facing is that I can not see a fool-proof way to know
what is the job number of the new job when I submit using
job/MyJob/buildWithParameters

What I get back as JSON is designed for the UI but does not seem to give me
an explicit handle to the new job.

Here are the different replies that I seem to get:

1. inQueue = true
    queueItem = null
    nextBuildNumber = <n>

    In this case I could suppose that my build will be <n> but as I need
concurrent builds is this guaranteed?

2. inQueue = true
    queueItem = { number = <n> ... }

    Again I can see that there is a build in the queue but how can I be
sure that is mine?

It seems that the REST API works fine for the Jenkins UI that does not
track specific jobs but not really designed to submit and track a specific
job?

Hopefully I missed something and this is not the case?

Thanks in advance