I have a Jenkins job which can get triggered in a variety of ways, either
via SCM polling or via a Gerrit trigger. The order in which the jobs are
run has no real relationship to the ordering of the commits being built, so
comparing the current build with the previous build is not very useful.

In addition, attempting to retrieve the commit hash of a previous build may
fail, as the current workspace may not actually contain the ref of the
previous build.

I would like to turn off that feature. How can I do that?

Using Jenkins 1.542 and the git plugin 2.0.