I see a similar issue; I can't get as far as getting the commands from
Jenkins to run on z/OS.  That is I see errors like this:
[zOS unit tests] $ /bin/sh -xe /tmp/hudson4437459291454251752.sh
+ Ž ÍËÊ %?Ä/% ÂÑ
+ 1>  ¢Á 1> ,Ñ 1> Ë^Í 1> ÑÈÈÁËÈË ËÇ
Ž ÍËÊ %?Ä/% ÂÑ: /tmp/hudson4437459291454251752.sh 1: FSUM7351 not found

The slave looks to be running fine on z/OS:  java -Dfile.encoding=ISO8859_1
-jar /usr/local/jenkins/slave.jar -text
and I can get System Information fine for the node.

I've gone through this thread, but I don't see any correspondence to the
classes in remoting-2.25-SNAPSHOT.jar and my 1.535 version of Jenkins.

So, obviously I have some kind of EBCDIC/ASCII mismatch between my Windows
Master and z/OS.
As far as I know z/OS UNIX shell requires script files to be in EBCDIC,
otherwise it's reasonably easy to deal with ASCII and EBCDIC from their
(e.g. via Java), but EBCDIC has to be a starting point.

So, if anyone knows what I'm missing please let me know.

www