Hi,

I am trying to get the latest flashplayer running under Ubuntu using WINE
with Jenkins using vncserver. I have it running fine when logging in
manually as the 'jenkins' user. I can see the flashplayer in the remote
desktop. However, it does not work from inside the Jenkins application.

This is what the log shows:

[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] exec: [flashplayer] -
/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Flux/workspace/client-domain/target/test-classes/TestRunner.swf

[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Creating process
[WARNING] [LAUNCHER] Using regular flashplayer tests
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Executing command: [flashplayer,
/var/lib/jenkins/jobs/Flux/workspace/client-domain/target/test-classes/TestRunner.swf]

[DEBUG] [net.flexmojos.oss.test.monitor.ResultHandler] opened server socket on
port 34936
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Process created java.lang.UNIXProcess@43c15a1e
[DEBUG] [MOJO] launcher STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] pinger STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] resultHandler STARTED
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Output pumpers ON
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Waiting for flashplayer termination
[DEBUG] [SYSOUT]: Starting flashplayer using WINE
[DEBUG] [SYSOUT]: DISPLAY=:86

[DEBUG] [MOJO] launcher RUNNING
[DEBUG] [MOJO] pinger STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] resultHandler STARTED

[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: p11-kit: couldn't load module:
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so:
/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/pkcs11/p11-kit-trust.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory
[DEBUG] [MOJO] launcher RUNNING
[DEBUG] [MOJO] pinger STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] resultHandler STARTED

[DEBUG] [MOJO] launcher RUNNING
[DEBUG] [MOJO] pinger STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] resultHandler STARTED
[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: libGL error: Try again with LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose for more
details.
[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: err:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo  couldn't initialize
OpenGL, expect problems
[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x33e0e8,0x00000000),
stub!
[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: fixme:thread:start_thread Started native thread 0000002b

[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: Segmentation fault (core dumped)
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] Flashplayer closed
[DEBUG] [LAUNCHER] runtime exit as expected
[DEBUG] [MOJO] launcher DONE
[DEBUG] [MOJO] pinger STARTED
[DEBUG] [MOJO] resultHandler STARTED

The most important line is probably:

[DEBUG] [SYSERR]: libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

I can reproduce this error with glxinfo (Ubuntu command line tool) running
as the jenkins user:

The strange thing is that I can start flashplayer this way (manually from
the command line as the jenkins user) without an issue. But starting this
same flashplayer script (which in turn starts wine to start the flashplayer
.exe) in a jenkins build fails with the same message as glxinfo:

jenkins@wdb-vb-java7:~/jobs/Flux/workspace/client-domain$ LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose
glxinfo
name of display: :1
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/tls/swrast_dri.so
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/swrast_dri.so
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig
Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual or fbconfig

You can see more info at my
question: http://askubuntu.com/questions/401459/failure-to-load-swrast-driver

Any idea what might the difference between Jenkins the webapp running and
logging in manually as the jenkins user ?

regards,

Wim