Hi,

I have a relatively big jenkins installation that has become unstable:

It has been configured with help of dynamic axes plugin which has enabled
us to add really nice test coverage... ...which of course means more jobs
running.

I've noticed that once commit is made and all test-matrix is starting up
(about 200+ jobs starting up) jenkins usually just crashes, without any log
writings about it. I've tried to monitor java with jstack and visualvm with
no help, process just dies away without any visible signs of memory leak(s).

Memory settings has been tweaked and these settings seems to be most
stable, however not stable enough:
JENKINS_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmn512m -XX:PermSize=512M
-XX:MaxPermSize=2048m"

Is there still memory settings that would be good to add?

I've understand that it is possible to have jenkins / or java to create
kind of kernel dump once crashed. Is there a good tutorial how to do that?

Or is it just too much for jenkins to have such a load of jobs starting up
simultaneuously?

Br
Samu Wikstedt