On Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:05:53 AM UTC-5, teilo wrote:

> Take a look in the server logs for any exceptions. I saw something similar
> when the jelly rendering of a plugin failed, the exception pointed me at
> the plugin which was ultimately caused by an upgrade failing leaving a mix
> of New and old plugin classes lying around.

Thank you for the hint!  I did not find any exception in the logs that
clearly pointed to an issue, but I did have a mix of abandoned plugins in
my installation.  Here is how I fixed the issue:

* cleaned up all files under /var/cache/jenkins/war/
* removed all directories and .jpi files under /var/lib/jenkins/plugins/
* reinstalled RPM 1.532.1
* tested and it worked!  Then I added back every plugin I needed until all
the "Manage Old Data" report was clean

Cheers,
Ken