Hi everyone,

Thanks for the feedback & suggestions.

I have resolved the issue by setting the "Credentials" to "None" in my Jenkins
Git plugin configuration. I have credentials on the slave PC along with PuTTY
and GIT_SSH set to Putty's plink.exe, and everything works as it should. Why
would using my saved credentials cause the Jenkins GIT plugin to ignore the
slave PC's GIT_SSH's setting? (As an aside, what am I giving up by not using
those stored credentials?)

To clarify:

-          My exact configuration works just fine using the Jenkins GIT plugin
for small repos (2 MB or so). But I am encountering my problem when cloning a
repo of ~ 20 MB and larger using the Git plugin and credentials. My workgroup
has seen issues with cloning failing on larger repos unless we are using
PuTTY's plink as our SSH client. When not using credentials, I have no problems.

-          I think there's a problem with the Jenkins GIT plugins not invoking
my GIT_SSH's plink.exe when using Credentials. When the job is hung, and I view
the current processes running on my slave machine, I see git's ssh.exe, and not
plink.exe, running. The Jenkins console output even says "using GIT_SSH to set
credentials".

-          I get the same error when I set the Jenkins GIT plugin timeout
values to something obnoxiously large, like 6 hours. My clone operation is
consistently stalling out in the same spot.

-          This is a clean install of the latest LTS release on a test PC. No
prior Jenkins was running on it.

-          I have set GIT_TRACE = 2, which is showing those trace and
run_command messages.

-          We have some repos that approach 1 GB. Based on other comments in
this thread it sounds like JGit may not be the best choice for me at the moment.

-          I get the same error with either C:\Program Files
(x86)\git\cmd\git.exe and C:\Program Files (x86)\git\bin\git.exe defined as the
git installation.

I see a few GIT_SSH related errors on
https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS/component/17423 .I run Jenkins as
a service and I define my repos in the Jenkins GIT configuration page as
git@server:repo.git<mailto:git@server:repo.git>. For what it's worth, though, I
also saw this error when running Jenkins via JNLP.

If there is anything that I can do to help troubleshoot the issue further,
please let me know.

Thanks,

Terry