I have builds kicking off despite not having changes, unless Perforce is
detecting changes elsewhere in the repository as being part of the current
view.  However, jenkins also shows the following for the same build, even
though it said "Changes detected" in the polling log:

[image: Inline image 1]

Here are two samples of polling logs for two consecutive jobs.  Aren't both
showing as being on revision 545283?  What am I missing?

Job #35 polling log looks like:

Started on *Feb 13, 2014 5:53:23 PM*
Looking for changes...
Changing P4 Client View to:
  //BCWF/sandbox/maven-refactor/utilities/... //Jenkins_master/...
Saving modified client Jenkins_master
[.jenkins] $ /usr/bin/p4 -s client -i
[.jenkins] $ /usr/bin/p4 counter change
[.jenkins] $ /usr/bin/p4 -s changes -s submitted
//Jenkins_master/...@544941,@545300
Latest submitted change selected by workspace is 545283
[.jenkins] $ /usr/bin/p4 describe -s *545283*
[.jenkins] $ /usr/bin/p4 -G where //...
Done. Took 0.75 sec*Changes found*

Job #36 polling log:

Started on *Feb 14, 2014 9:13:23 AM*

//Jenkins_master/...@544941,@545354
Latest submitted change selected by workspace is *545283*
[.jenkins] $ /usr/bin/p4 describe -s 545283
[.jenkins] $ /usr/bin/p4 -G where //...
Done. Took 0.69 sec*Changes found*

Thanks!!

--