/threadDump will tell you what the threads are doing. Look for 'Handling GET'.

If you have large views (i.e. 500+ items actually shown), my guess is
Functions.getRelativeLinkTo(Item), which iterates over all items in the view
(requiring recomputation of what actually is part of the view) for every item
to be shown.

Another option could be expensive columns like 'Project Statistics Plugin' that
require loading all builds from disk; or Maven Plugin jobs which have more
builds than you think (see discussion in JENKINS-21487).