parallel() can take a list/map of closures

you will want to do this:

// construct and collect closures for LATER execution
buildClosures = []
for (int i=1; i<100; i++) {
    def curClosure = {
        build("a", STEP:i)
    }
    buildClosures.add(curClosure)
}

// execute the closures in buildClosures in parallel
parallel(buildClosures)