As Jenkins now actually embeds jetty, I would say go the simplest way:
start with java -jar Jenkins.war (10+ slaves).

But it also depends what you're used to, sure. For example, if you have
good internal experience operating tomcat, running Jenkins inside tomcat
would certainly still be a sensible choice for you.

Cheers