I have a scenario that seems like it would be pretty common, and is maybe
somewhat similar to the one David Campos posted to the list recently.

b1, b2, and b3 are QA testing jobs that each rely on a “clean” VM. b4 is the
job that cleans the VMs.

For awhile, we had b4 set up as a downstream job from each of b1, b2, and b3.
However sometimes one of the testing jobs would get queued up while another
testing job was being run, and would end up running before the cleanup job.
That breaks everything.

Next we tried using the Throttle Concurrent builds plugin, and put all four of
the above jobs into one group with a max concurrent of 1. We had the same
problem as before, in that if a testing job was queued while another testing
job was running, the cleanup job would run too late.

Next we tried three Build Flow jobs, with the Guard - Rescue form. Each testing
job would be in the Guard section, and the cleanup job in the Rescue section.
We put all three of the Build Flow jobs in one group for Throttle Concurrent
Builds. However we immediately found that multiple build flow jobs would run at
the same time, as it seems that Build Flow jobs ignore the Throttle Concurrent
Builds plugin.

Any suggestions here?  We just need the cleanup job to always run after a
testing job, so the VMs are fresh before the next testing job runs. I am
probably missing something simple.

Thanks!
Curtis