How long have the processes been running?

If they are short-lived processes, they might be the result of many jobs
polling concurrently with small polling intervals (like once every minute).
 If you are polling that frequently, you should consider the "polling must
die" post from Kohsuke Kawaguchi for a faster and lighter technique to
accomplish the same result.

If they are long-lived processes, they might be the result of git.exe
blocking while prompting for authentication.  Be sure you're running the
latest version of the git-client-plugin and the git-plugin to reduce the
chances of blocking for authentication.

Since other jobs are not running, and since a checkout will not complete
until the git process exits, I assume they are not the "remnants" of a git
checkout.  You might be able to better guess the purpose of those processes
if you can list the arguments to the command.  Refer to
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/listproc.htm for a suggestion of a way you can
list the arguments passed to a Windows process.

Mark Waite

On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 12:12 PM, S Day <zillabu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if you had a few minutes to check out this problem I seem
> to be experiencing with the Jenkings Github plugin..
>
>  As you can see I have many instances of git.exe running however...
>
>   I have nothing building, nothing pulling from git, or anything
>
>   It appears nothing is closing gracefully, is this a known issue or how
> the software is supposed to run or something wrong with my Jenkins
> configuration.
>
>   Thanks for taking the time to read this

Thanks!
Mark Waite