I am looking either for an existing plugin or suggestion for writing my own
plugin that will give me the following functionality:

On the job configuration page the user has access to one or more choice
parameter drop-down menus. Now when the user clicks one of these drop-down
boxes the values are dynamically populated by a list of strings.

I need the list of strings to be e.g versions from all artifacts in the
snapshot repository in artifactory/nexus having the coordinates:
groupId:artifactId:versions.

Are there any plugins that allows generating dynamically values e.g from
listing elements on a webserver?

I have looked at:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Extended+Choice+Parameter+plugin

Using this approach I would need to implement some logic that build a
remote properties file. Any other suggestions?