----- Original Message -----
From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
At: Apr 11 2014 14:16:37

Hi,

I have been using a GitHub personal access token and basic authentication to
pull from private GitHub repos from Jenkins. I use the GitHub Plugin, and then
for each project, the GitHub Project and Git Repository URL settings are the
same, with a format of:
https://<user>:<access_token>@github.com/<account>/<repo>/.

This has been working fine for months, until this past Wednesday. Now whenever
I build I get an 'Invalid username or password' error (see below).

I recreated the GitHub access token, which didn't fix the problem. I'm think
the issue is on the Jenkins side, since I can use the same URL on the
command-line to clone the repo, and it works fine.

I upgraded Jenkins to 1.558, but then reverted back to 1.555, thinking the
upgrade could have caused the problem. I'm still stuck without being able to
pull from GitHub though.

Started by user anonymous
Building on master in workspace c:\build\ProjectA
Fetching changes from the remote Git repository
Fetching upstream changes from https://u...@github.com/account/repo/
FATAL: Failed to fetch from https://u...@github.com/account/repo/
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Failed to fetch from
https://u...@github.com/account/repo/
    at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.fetchFrom(GitSCM.java:623)
    at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.retrieveChanges(GitSCM.java:855)
    at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.checkout(GitSCM.java:880)
    at hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1414)
    at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.defaultCheckout(AbstractBuild.java:671)
    at jenkins.scm.SCMCheckoutStrategy.checkout(SCMCheckoutStrategy.java:88)
    at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.run(AbstractBuild.java:580)
    at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1676)
    at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
    at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
    at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:231)
Caused by: hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git fetch --tags
--progress https://u...@github.com/account/repo/
+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*" returned status code 128:
stdout:
stderr: remote: Invalid username or password.
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://u...@github.com/account/repo/'

    at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1276)
    at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandWithCredentials(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1146)
    at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.access$200(CliGitAPIImpl.java:87)
    at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$1.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:254)
    at hudson.plugins.git.GitSCM.fetchFrom(GitSCM.java:621)
    ... 10 more