Jenkins 1.559 + Tomcat 7 + JDK 7 + Ubuntu 12.04LTS

This morning I came to work and finished configuring a new slave that I set
up on Friday.  When I tried building (Maven project) I kept getting these
errors when it tried running Maven 3.1.1:

Invalid tool ID 3.1.1

I thought it had to do with configuration with auto-installing the tools on
my new slave.

After some Googling, I found that the <JENKINS_HOME>/updates folder had the
files listing information on various tool versions, in particular,
hudson.tasks.Maven.MavenInstaller.

However, when I inspected the content, there was ANT version information in
the file and not Maven version information.  After looking at all the other
files, I discovered that:

   - hudson.tasks.Maven.*MavenInstaller *contained *ANT *version information
   - hudson.tasks.Ant.*AntInstaller *contained *SonarRunner *version
   information
   - hudson.plugins.sonar.*SonarRunnerInstaller *had *JDK *version
   information
   - hudson.tools.*JDKInstaller* had the same information as
   org.jenkinsci.plugins.scriptler.*CentralScriptJsonCatalog *

It's as if the file index got off by one and it wrote the content to the
wrong files.

I shut down Jenkins, removed the files then restarted and it seems to be
working again, but it was very frustrating.

Anyone else seen this or know what might have happened?

--
Jeff Vincent
See my LinkedIn profile at: