There's also Jenkins Job Builder which also allows you to have an actual
template that can be updated to make the same change across all jobs.

One issue I'm having with any of the "automated" configuration options
though is the lack of support of adding Promotion Processes. Currently
there isn't really a way of adding them programatically :(  (So bear that
in mind if you use that plugin)

Richard.