Thanks for the information.

I try setting to "emulator-x86" again and I still get the same behaviour
from Jenkins:
$ /opt/android-sdk-linux/tools/emulator-x86 -snapshot-list -no-window -avd
hudson_en-US_160_WVGA_android-19_x86

[android] Starting Android emulator and creating initial snapshot

However, if I execute from the command line, I can see the snapshot are present:

$ /opt/android-sdk-linux/tools/emulator-x86 -snapshot-list -no-window -avd
hudson_en-US_160_WVGA_android-19_x86
Snapshots in file
'/home/jenkins/.android/avd/hudson_en-US_160_WVGA_android-19_x86.avd/snapshots.img':
 ID        TAG                 VM SIZE                DATE       VM CLOCK
 1         jenkins                1.0G 2014-05-13 12:11:26   00:07:51.870

Any ideas?