True - git clone has always been slow on windows, but that doesn't explain
why when I remove the credentials the timeout is honored.

On Sat, May 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM, Richard Bywater <rich...@byh2o.com> wrote:

> I believe it's a known issue when using Git on windows that SSH is really
> really slow - something to do with an old version of a library or
> something. (Not a Jenkins related issue) Unfortunately on phone so can't
> give you a link straight away but a Google search should give you the
> details.
>
> Richard.
>

> On Saturday, May 17, 2014, Chanda Unmack <cha...@lytro.com> wrote:
>
>> So to add another data point, when I change the credentials for git to be
>> none, it seems to honor the 60 minute timeout. Now I just need to figure
>> out why it even hits 60 minutes for a check out that takes < 5 min on other
>> operating systems :/
>> The crenedtials plugin is ver 1.10 if that helps.
>>
>> Fetching upstream changes from ssh://build@gerrit:29418/project
>>  > c:\Git\bin\git.exe --version
>>  > c:\Git\bin\git.exe fetch --tags --progress
>> ssh://build@gerrit:29418/project +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>> ERROR: Timeout after 60 minutesFATAL
>> <http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search?query=FATAL>: Failed to fetch from
>> ssh://build@gerrit:29418/project
>>

>> thanks
>>

>> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 2:23 PM, Chanda Unmack <cha...@lytro.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ok - hard to find a repo here without submodules :)
>>
>> I tried a different repo that does have them, but made sure the options
>> for recursively checking them out was unchecked.
>> I thought I had specified timestamps in the console output, but I guess
>> not. Here's the snip before it just fails (sanitized of course):
>>
>> Started by user Chanda Unmack <http://jenkins01-clone/user/cunmack>
>>
>> [EnvInject] - Loading node environment variables. [EnvInject] - Preparing
>> an environment for the build. [EnvInject] - Keeping Jenkins system
>> variables. [EnvInject] - Keeping Jenkins build variables. [EnvInject] -
>> Injecting as environment variables the properties content
>> ANDROID_HOME=/opt/something/sdk-linux ANDROID_NDK=/opt/something/ndk
>> [EnvInject] - Variables injected successfully. [EnvInject] - Injecting
>> contributions. Building remotely on
>> server-bld-pc3<http://jenkins01-clone/computer/server-bld-pc3>in workspace
>> c:\jenkins\workspace\test-project\LABEL\WIN32\TYPE\Debug
>> Cloning the remote Git repository Cloning repository
>> ssh://build@gerrit:29418/project
>> > c:\Git\bin\git.exe init
>> c:\jenkins\workspace\test-project\LABEL\WIN32\TYPE\Debug Fetching upstream
>> changes from ssh://build@gerrit:29418/project > c:\Git\bin\git.exe
>> --version > c:\Git\bin\git.exe fetch --tags --progress
>> ssh://build@gerrit:29418/project
>> +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>>
>> ERROR: Timeout after 10 minutes
>>
>> ERROR <http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search?query=ERROR>: Error cloning
>> remote repo 'origin'hudson.plugins.git.GitException
>> <http://stacktrace.jenkins-ci.org/search?query=hudson.plugins.git.GitException>:
>>  Command "c:\Git\bin\git.exe fetch --tags --progress
> [...]

*C**onfidentiality Notice:* This e-mail, including all attachments, is
confidential information of Lytro, Inc. If the reader of this e-mail is not
the intended recipient or its authorized agent, the reader is hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is