That parameter is provided by the Subversion plugin.

It simply allows you to select a branch (or tag, or any folder really) from
Subversion as job argument. It doesn't check it out, that's what selecting the
Subversion SCM further down in the job config is for. A bit like the "Choice
Parameter", but with a list initialized from SVN.

What you need do is you rename the parameter to something simpler, like
"RCBranch". Then you configure Subversion SCM to check out the URL
"http://evc.io.comcast.net/chimps/branches/$RCBranch";. Use the same
credentials. If there's a validation error ("$RCBranch" doesn't exist") ignore
it and/or configure Subversion SCM in global config to validate only up to
first '$' character. Done.