I've got a chain of 'builds' as follows:

CVS Checkout
Compile for target X
Static Analysis
Compile for target Y

I have them all set up to notify people who broke the build using email. Am
I right in thinking that the source control differences are used to work
out who to email in those cases? The only 'build' I have that shows those
differences is the CVS checkout one so am I right in assuming that, in
those cases, the concept of notifying these people will fail?

If so, is there any way, given this chain, that a failed build can get the
change details from a 'build' earlier in the chain in order to send those
notifications to the right people?

Thanks for any suggestions
John