Running:
Jenkins ver. 1.532.3
Jenkins ClearCase Plug-in ver. 1.5 using snapshot views
Clearcase 7.1.2.12

Hi,

we're currently setting up a new CI machine. The machine is quite powerful
and we're trying to run as many build jobs in parallel as we can.

No we run into two issues related to Clearcase:

1. It seems that after the catcs and before the setcs, an "endview" is
issued. We run into the problem that the setcs then fails (with an
immediate timeout):

07:12:55 [Misc_HEAD_Printing] $ "C:\Program
> Files\IBM\RationalSDLC\ClearCase\bin\cleartool" endview -server
> nightly_Misc_HEAD_Printing_view

07:12:55 Running cleartool setcs, this operation may take a while
> 07:12:55 [ccview] $ "C:\Program
> Files\IBM\RationalSDLC\ClearCase\bin\cleartool" setcs -current -overwrite
> 07:12:55 cleartool: Error: Timed out trying to start view_server for view
> <host name>:E:\oracle\clearcase\nightly_Misc_HEAD_Printing_view.vws

Our IT is currently puzzled why this happens. They're asking why the plugin
issues the "endview" command. So I am wondering if someone else has
encountered that problem and knows how to circumvent it. I assume that it
is related to the amount of parallel build jobs, as this problem does not
show up on our old CI server (which kind of runs build solely in sequence).

2. As I said, we're running as many builds as possible. But there seems to
be a (hardcoded?) limit of how many view_server processes the albd can
spawn. And we're running into that limit, resulting in errors. I found no
place where I can raise that limit in CC. So for every CC build job, we're
adding a batch build step, issuing an endview command after the build,
stopping the view_server process. Which is a fine workaround. But it would
be great if the plugin would feature an option to end the view after the
checkout. Not sure if that makes sense in general. It would for us. That's
more like a feature request :o)

Regards,

Sascha