Using unix groups looks like the correct approach here. I gave a try. It
woks fine. Thanks.

Now, since I maintain a centralized jenkins instance that are used by
different groups and want to run the test cases as application user(u2, u3,
...) rather than jenkins runtime user (u1). Is there a way I can invoke the
maven and ant targets as a different user (u2) than my jenkins run
user(u1). In case of shell scripts I can do someting like sudo -u u2
run_script.sh. But I am not able to figure out how to do this for maven and
ant steps.