On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 1:16 PM, Brian Moffat <crd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> The advantage of using my kludge as opposed to using a script to iterate
> through the builds is that Jenkins has all this great messaging (hipchat /
> email) and log capture that I would have to "re-implement". And I have a
> monitoring/reporting infrastructure in place that is based on the current
> matrix-based process - that too would need to change.  Certainly not
> insurmountable, but extra work.  I do appreciate your input and will make
> use of it in designing the evolution of our CI/CD process as our development
> environment evolves.

Keep in mind that you do have the option of throwing resources at it
to speed the jobs up - that is add slave nodes that would do
independent checkouts and run the builds in parallel.  If you are
bothered by a few extra minutes in a serialized run, it seems like the
way you should be thinking for a real speedup.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikes...@gmail.com