If you really must use a workspace other than the default, then Eugene is
correct, you'll need to use the advanced setting.

If you choose that path, you should be aware that you've chosen a path
which doesn't work well with multiple slave agents.

If you're using a custom workspace due to a large repository, you could try
using a reference repository instead.

Mark Waite

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Eugene Sajine <eugu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I could recommend to use the custom workspace for your job (it is in
> advanced settings for the job). Set it to where your local git repository
> is and it will all work.
>

> On Thursday, September 11, 2014 12:04:20 PM UTC-4, polarice wrote:
>>
>> Hello Mark,
>>
>> After looking at your third suggestion, we realized that the fetch and
>> checkout is occurring in the job's *workspace* instead of the directory
>> where the repo is stored. Is it possible to change the directory where the
>> git plugin works prior to fetching? I tried adding a shell command to
>> switch directories to where the repo is stored as one of the build steps
>> (right before the ant build) but that shell command is executed *after  *git
>> has already checked out in the workspace of the job. Can I add arbitrary
>> commands before the plugin starts executing?
>>
>> On Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:43:04 PM UTC-4, polarice wrote:
>>>
>>> I have the git plugin installed and configured for one of my jobs. When
>>> I build the job, I expect it to pull the latest changes for the branch I
>>> specify and *then* continue with the rest of the build process (e.g.,
>>> unit tests, etc.).
>>>
>>> When I look at the console output, I see
>>>
>>>  > git fetch --tags --progress ssh://gerrit@git-dev/Util
>>> +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>>>  > git rev-parse origin/some_branch^{commit}
>>> Checking out Revision <latest_SHA1> (origin/some_branch)
>>>  > git config core.sparsecheckout
>>>  > git checkout -f <latest_SHA1>
>>>  > git rev-list <latest_SHA1>
>>>

>>> I see that the plugin fetches and checks out the proper commit hash, but
>>> when the tests run it seems as though the repo wasn't updated at all.
>>> If I go into the repository in Jenkins, I see there that the latest changes
>>> were never pulled. Why is this plugin behaving this way?
>>>
>>> *Shouldn't it pull before it tries to build?*
>>>
>>> I have git 1.8.5 installed on my Jenkins machine, which is a recommended
>>> version.
>>> https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Git+Plugin
>>>
>>>  --

Thanks!