On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 4:27 AM, Laurent Malvert <laurent.malv...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if there are any recommendations or best practices on a
> typical setup for running jobs on a Linux slave, when said job contains
> some unit tests that require access to the GUI?
>
> I'd be in favor or keeping these to a minimum, but at the moment we're
> trying to move our slaves away from Windows nodes (started using the JNLP
> launcher) to Linux nodes (started over SSH) because of too many issues
> using the Windows slaves (rather large workspaces with file locking issues
> when attempting to delete them, etc...). This is working fine so far,
> except that all our GUI tests are failing as currently our linux slaves are
> headless. There's a graphical environment installed, but when the SSH slave
> plugin initiates the connection it opens a normal SSH connection without
> exporting the display and it doesn't have control of the node's display.
>
> So, what would be the proper way to run GUI tests on Linux nodes started
> using the SSH Slaves Plugin?

> Laurent Malvert
>
>  --

Don't know about proper or best practices, but I've used xvfb (sometimes
with selenium) in several places. It hasn't been all smooth sailing, but
it's been reliable enough for our purposes.

ymmv
chanda

--
*C**onfidentiality Notice:* This e-mail, including all attachments, is
confidential information of Lytro, Inc. If the reader of this e-mail is not