I have had problems with MAC’s when they go into idle power down mode. I
disable that mode.

From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Tomhe
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 9:34 AM
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Jobs not started even though executors are available

We're experiencing a problem in Jenkins where Jenkins does not start jobs even
though there are available executors. The jobs say "Waiting for next available
executor on ...".

We have around 40 slave nodes and sometimes end up with 30 or so idle nodes and
a long queue of jobs that won't start.

The workaround is to click "Disconnect" in the web UI which will cause the node
to reconnect and as soon at it is reconnected, Jenkins will run a job from the
queue on that node.

Everything can work fine for a couple of days and then suddenly machines are
idle and we need to reconnect all idle nodes again. (I tried calling
disconnect() from Groovy on all idle nodes, but that was a very bad idea, as
the nodes did not reconnect again and instead had to be manually restarted.)

Any ideas as to what might cause this behavior and how we can prevent this
situation to occur over and over again?