I am getting conflicting results now. After removing the groovy postbuild
task, one of my jobs sends email but another job keeps failing with this
error message.
So, perhaps this is a base groovy error with the extended-email plugin
after all. Here is the error message.

Oct 24, 2014 8:53:22 PM
hudson.plugins.emailext.plugins.content.ScriptContent createEngine
SEVERE: Exception on init file: java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/home/jenkins/email-templates/groovy/init.groovy (No such file or directory)

Once again, if anyone has noticed these symptoms and knows of a workaround,
please post. Thanks.