Christoph,

I am also new to Jenkins and at the point of running tests on a Visual
Studio project. I'm not sure what you mean by running the tests by hand. I
am running unit tests and have found the VSTestRunner plugin useful there.
However it does not display the test results. I am still trying to figure
out how to do that.

As jpd4nt says, if you want to run tests using vstestrunner, you will need
to install Visual Studio.