I have enabled xtrace in my shell script, which installs some files in
xinetd and removes them when it exits, via an exit handler.  My handlers
use some exit handler functions that are included in all my build scripts.
 However, I've noticed clean up is not running for this particular script
when I manually cancel the build.  The output from the script just stops
and none of the clean-up is executed, which would removed the xinetd
configuration.

Is Jenkins signalling its child processes to stop or is it KILLing them?