Hi folks,

I am facing a weird issue and am about to run low on ideas.

Let me show you the log output:

*21:13:48*  hudson.util.IOException2: revision check failed on
http://svn.xxx/svn/xxx/trunk
<http://svn.ebgroup.elektrobit.com/svn/PASA_GM-ColorRadio_HMI_internal/trunk>
*21:13:48*        at
hudson.scm.SubversionChangeLogBuilder.buildModule(SubversionChangeLogBuilder.java:158)
*21:13:48*        at
hudson.scm.SubversionChangeLogBuilder.run(SubversionChangeLogBuilder.java:100)
*21:13:48*        at
hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.calcChangeLog(SubversionSCM.java:535)
*21:13:48*        at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.checkout(SubversionSCM.java:652)
*21:13:48*        at
hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1171)
*21:13:48*        at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.checkout(AbstractBuild.java:499)
*21:13:48*        at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:415)
*21:13:48*        at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1362)
*21:13:48*        at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
*21:13:48*        at
hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
*21:13:48*        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:145)
*21:13:48*  Caused by: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException: *svn:
authentication cancelled*
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:37)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:32)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.getNextAuthentication(DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.java:257)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:552)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:275)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:263)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.exchangeCapabilities(DAVConnection.java:516)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.open(DAVConnection.java:98)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.openConnection(DAVRepository.java:1001)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.getLatestRevision(DAVRepository.java:178)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.getRevisionNumber(SVNBasicClient.java:482)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.getLocations(SVNBasicClient.java:873)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SVNBasicClient.java:534)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNLogClient.doLog(SVNLogClient.java:1019)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNLogClient.doLog(SVNLogClient.java:894)
*21:13:48*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNLogClient.doLog(SVNLogClient.java:826)
*21:13:48*        at
hudson.scm.SubversionChangeLogBuilder.buildModule(SubversionChangeLogBuilder.java:146)
*21:13:48*        ... 10 more
*21:13:48*  Retrying after 10 seconds
*21:14:01*  Reverting D:\DEV_CNR_Trunk_SyncExt\Projects
*21:14:03*  Updating http://svn.xxx/svn/xxx/trunk
<http://svn.ebgroup.elektrobit.com/svn/PASA_GM-ColorRadio_HMI_internal/trunk>
*21:14:05*  ERROR: Failed to update http://svn.xxx/svn/xxx/trunk
<http://svn.ebgroup.elektrobit.com/svn/PASA_GM-ColorRadio_HMI_internal/trunk>
*21:14:05*  org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:37)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel(SVNErrorManager.java:32)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.SVNErrorManager.cancel&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.getNextAuthentication(DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.java:257)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.wc.DefaultSVNAuthenticationManager.getNextAuthentication&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:552)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:275)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request(HTTPConnection.java:263)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.http.HTTPConnection.request&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.exchangeCapabilities(DAVConnection.java:516)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.exchangeCapabilities&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.open(DAVConnection.java:98)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVConnection.open&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.openConnection(DAVRepository.java:1001)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.openConnection&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.getRepositoryUUID(DAVRepository.java:146)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.internal.io.dav.DAVRepository.getRepositoryUUID&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SVNBasicClient.java:342)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository(SVNBasicClient.java:330)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNBasicClient.createRepository&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNUpdateClient.update(SVNUpdateClient.java:535)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNUpdateClient.update&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNUpdateClient.doUpdate(SVNUpdateClient.java:401)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=org.tmatesoft.svn.core.wc.SVNUpdateClient.doUpdate&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
hudson.scm.subversion.UpdateUpdater$TaskImpl.perform(UpdateUpdater.java:129)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.scm.subversion.UpdateUpdater$TaskImpl.perform&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
hudson.scm.subversion.WorkspaceUpdater$UpdateTask.delegateTo(WorkspaceUpdater.java:137)

<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.scm.subversion.WorkspaceUpdater$UpdateTask.delegateTo&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.perform(SubversionSCM.java:725)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.perform&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.invoke(SubversionSCM.java:706)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.invoke&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.invoke(SubversionSCM.java:690)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.scm.SubversionSCM$CheckOutTask.invoke&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:756)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.FilePath.act&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at hudson.FilePath.act(FilePath.java:738)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.FilePath.act&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.checkout(SubversionSCM.java:683)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.checkout&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.checkout(SubversionSCM.java:632)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.scm.SubversionSCM.checkout&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout(AbstractProject.java:1171)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.AbstractProject.checkout&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.checkout(AbstractBuild.java:499)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.checkout&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run(AbstractBuild.java:415)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractRunner.run&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at hudson.model.Run.run(Run.java:1362)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.Run.run&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:46)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at
hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:88)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.ResourceController.execute&entity=method>
*21:14:05*        at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:145)
<http://stacktrace.hudson-ci.org/search/?query=hudson.model.Executor.run&entity=method>
*21:14:05*  Sending e-mails to: xxx
*21:14:05*  Finished: FAILURE

*svn: authentication cancelled *is the annouying part.

There was a mix of different aliases in use to access the same repository.
That has been rectified. Except for once is *always
*http://svn.xxx/svn/xxx/trunk
<http://svn.ebgroup.elektrobit.com/svn/PASA_GM-ColorRadio_HMI_internal/trunk>
the bugger. In some cases does a checkout of a folder underneath take
successfully place. The action when firing the next request which aims for
trunk crashes.
I have been doing some research in the Internet but the outcome was not
exciting.

We have been checking the credentials which not should be involved as parts of
the checkouts take place. The repository has no path related permissions.
We have changed to a mirror to see if the server might be the cause...nope. The
behaviour persists.
Then I found some hints that Java may be the culprit as 2 connectors are
implemented and it for some reason may change to the unwanted connector. That
can be adressed with JAVA_OPTS.

What we now have tried was to fixate the challenge mode of communication and
the connector with *-Dsvnkit.http.methods=Basic,NTLM -Dsvnkit.http.ntlm=jna*
Still no joy.
The Windows logs do not show anything at all.
Jenkins may take offense in the mix of http and https URLs as I learned in one
forum. For that reason has the challenge mode been fixed.

I had the suspicion it may be connected to the daytime as it seemed to happened
between 9 pm and 0 am.
But now it happens at any daytime. Currently do 70% of the builds fail in a
certain job.

I have created a test job that simply makes a checkout every 5 minutes. That
job has a fail rate of 5%-10%.
I created a SVN logger to troubleshoot a different problem with the SSL
handshake. The log system which worked intially now it remains empty.

Final thing I will do until I am at a dead end is to take a thorough look at
the plugins. The system is not experiencing many changes, so that should be
done quick.
I have a feeling that deleting Subversion plugin and folder and let the system
unpack the shipped one.

I have had a machine that returned back to stable after doing it. Deleting is
important not rolling back.
I am floating dead in space if that does not help.

Any ideas are appreciated :)

Cheers
Jan