The "-c core.askpass=true" is used to prevent the git command line call
from prompting for a password from stdin.  It was added in a recent
git-client-plugin and was a key change to enable resolution of several
other bugs.  I doubt very much that argument is causing an authentication
problem.

Thanks!
Mark Waite