Hi all,

Is the following use case suitable for Jenkins and if so are there any of
the many plugins you would recommend to help?

In an enviroment with a large number of windows applications could Jenkins
be used for testing new versions of applications work well together and
also work with updates to the Windows client/desktop OS ?

The applications would be for the most part manually created custom
packages of commerical applications (think MS Office, Adobe Suites that
kind of thing) and the aim would be to automate the testing of both changes
to the underlying OS either from a config change or a patch as well as
updates/patches to the applications themselves?

I would envisage a series of tests would include

   - starts correctly
   - Can create a new file
   - Can open and save an existing file
   - Carry out application specify tests e.g in Adobe PhotoShop export
   image as pdf

I would expect the Windows test machines would be a vm based on a custom
template /image

Is this dream a reality already or the stuff of nighmares?