Hi,

I am having trouble with Jenkins being killed by an out of memory process.
After it is killed with the following info:

Feb 6, 2015 12:54:07 PM hudson.model.AsyncPeriodicWork$1 run
INFO: Finished Out of order build detection. 279,864 ms
Feb 6, 2015 12:59:10 PM hudson.model.Run execute
INFO: job_name #274 main build action completed: SUCCESS
Killed

I think there was some time (minutes or more) between the last INFO and
Killed, so I don't think they're related.

dmesg gives:
Out of memory: Kill process 20715 (java) score 633 or sacrifice child
Killed process 20715, UID 163, (java) total-vm:4779076kB,
anon-rss:2478888kB, file-rss:260kB
java invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x201da, order=0, oom_adj=0,
oom_score_adj=0
java cpuset=/ mems_allowed=0

I run Jenkins with this command:
export JENKINS_HOME=/jenkins_home; cd /home/user && java -jar -Xmx4g
-XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError jenkins.war

I'm running version: Jenkins ver. 1.595

I have a heap dump, but it was dumped hours before the job was killed, so
I'm not sure of it's use
I'm also running Java VisualVM, but I've never used this before, so I don't
really know what to look for.

I've been trying to follow:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/I%27m+getting+OutOfMemoryError
But I'm a little lost.

My heap dumps show a number of classes with well over 100,000 instances,
e.g.: java.lang.String, char[], java.util.HashMap$Entry

I don't know where to go from here.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Robert