Hi all;

our environment includes jenkins taking care of building a bunch of
(dropwizard/micro-service-style) applications that are essentially jars
packaged using maven assembly plugins which get built and deployed to a
local maven repository. I am into considering whether build automation can
be taken to a level where such builds aren't just deployed to the maven
repo but also in some way deployed / pushed to a remote testing host and
(re)started over there (java -jar ...). First shot would be using Unix
scripting (both the jenkins and the target hosts are Linux machines) for
copying files and remotely executing the appropriate start scripts but I
wonder whether there is an out-of-the-box standard way of doing this. Any
suggestions, hints, ideas on that greatly appreciated. :)
Thanks in advance and all the best,
Kristian