Hello usergroup,

I have two Jenkins servers (both at version 1.598), one which is
responsible for setting up how the jobs are configured in the other one.
The jobs being configured are inheritance jobs containing inheritable
parameters (I unfortunately can't use OOTB parameters for this and we use
the inheritance functionality pretty substantially, so that can't be
factored out either). So far, I've tried setting up the reconfiguration
jobs to modify the config.xml file directly with the new default values and
then force the Jenkins to reload its configuration, but the old values are
still present (they still appear to be present after shutting down and
restarting the Jenkins server as well, so it doesn't look like it was a
case of the reload simply not going through). I then tried POSTing the
modified version of the config.xml file, but that also didn't appear to
change anything. Checking the job configuration in the web UI and the
parameter derivation still shows the old values. I checked the job's
config.xml in the filesystem and confirmed that the parameters were
modified properly.

Is there a correct way to modify the default values to these parameters
without having to use the web UI?

Many thanks,

--Jesse
Software Engineer at PTC Inc.