Hi,

We have recently adopted Jenkins to manage performance testing lab which
comprises of many performance testing servers.

*A little background of the problem we have:*

Lately we have been observing some discrepancy in the readings due to
memory consumption of Jenkins slave - memory usage goes up and down.

For reliability we need same readings when a single test is executed
multiple times. But that doesn't seem to happen now after adopting Jenkins.

We have observed that Jenkins slave memory usage increases gradually over a
period of time and suspecting that this could be affecting the stability of
the performance tests.

*Question:*

So now we want to figure out a way to restart Jenkins slave after every
performance test we perform on the server. Using Jenkins slave as a service
is preventing us to access some network shares so we were forced to start
Jenkins slave using the java -jar option.
Is there a way we can restart Jenkins slaves after every test run on the
slave?

I have also attached herewith the list of plugins I have installed. Please
advise if any of these plugins could be causing the increasing memory usage
of Jenkins slave.
I can share more details about my setup if it helps.

Thank you for your time and advice.

Regards,
Praneeth

accelerated-build-now-plugin
A plug-in that enables you to instantly run a job on a busy Jenkins cluster
(top of the queue, can kill a build to execute now)
        1.0.1

AnchorChain
Adds some links to the sidebar at every build. The data are obtained from a
user selected file in a working directory.
        1.0

Ant Plugin
This plugin adds Apache Ant support to Jenkins.
        1.2

Backup and interrupt job pluign
Prepare Jenkins for restart
        1.0

Backup plugin
Backup or restore your Hudson configuration files
        1.6.1

Build Cause Run Condition Plugin
Build Cause condition for the run condition plugin
        0.1

Build Monitor Plugin
Provides a highly visible view of the status of selected Jenkins jobs. It
easily accommodates different computer screen sizes and is ideal as an Extreme
Feedback Device to be displayed on a screen on your office wall.
        1.6+build.132

Build Pipeline Plugin
This plugin renders upstream and downstream connected jobs that typically form
a build pipeline. In addition, it offers the ability to define manual triggers
for jobs that require intervention prior to execution, e.g. an approval process
outside of Jenkins.
        1.4.5

build timeout plugin
This plugin allows builds to be automatically terminated after the specified
amount of time has elapsed.
        1.14.1

Build Trigger Badge Plugin
This plugin displays an icon representing the cause of a construction.
        1.3

build-environment
This plugin is a sample to explain how to write a Jenkins plugin.
        1.4

build-name-setter
This plug-in sets the display name of a build to something other than #1, #2,
#3, ...
        1.3

categorized-view
This plugin introduces a new view on which you can create collapsible groups of
jobs based on regular expressions.
        1.8

CloudBees Folders Plugin
This plugin allows users to create "folders" to organize jobs. Users can define
custom taxonomies (like by project type, organization type etc). Folders are
nestable and you can define views within folders.
        4.7

Compact Columns
More compact columns for showing last success and failure. Easier to
understand, and takes less room in your view.
        1.10

conditional-buildstep
A buildstep wrapping any number of other buildsteps, controlling their
execution based on a defined condition (e.g. BuildParameter).
        1.3.3

Config File Provider Plugin
Ability to provide configuration files (e.g. settings.xml for maven, XML,
groovy, custom files,...) loaded through the UI which will be copied to the job
workspace.
        2.7.5

Configure Job Column Plugin
The Configure Job Column Plugin provides a fast-path configure job link
available for views.
        1.0

Console Column Plugin
The Console Column Plugin provides a fast-path console link available for views.
        1.5

Credentials Plugin
This plugin allows you to store credentials in Jenkins.
        1.18

CVS Plugin
Integrates Jenkins with CVS version control system using a modified version of
the Netbeans cvsclient.
        2.11

Dashboard View
Customizable dashboard that can present various views of job information.
        2.9.4

Description Column Plugin
Add the Description column.
        1.3

Description Setter Plugin
This plugin sets the description for each build, based upon a RegEx test of the
build log file.
        1.9

Disk Usage Plugin
This plugin counts disk usage.
        0.24

Downstream build view
This plug-in allows you to view the full status all the downstream builds so
that we can graphically see that everything for this build has been completed
successfully.
        1.9

Dynamic Search View Plugin
Provides View with dynamically configurable filters
        0.2.1

Email Extension Template Plugin
This plugin allows administrators to create global templates for the Extended
Email Publisher.
        0.3

Email-ext plugin
This plugin is a replacement for Jenkins's email publisher
        2.39

emotional-jenkins-plugin
This plugin is a sample to explain how to write a Jenkins plugin.
        1.2

EnvInject Plugin

This plugin makes it possible to set an environment for the builds.
        1.90

Export Prameters
This plugin exports parameters provided by Jenkins to file with various formats.
        1.1

Extra Columns Plugin
This is a general listview-column plugin that currently contains the following
columns: Test Result, Configure Project button, Disable/Enable Project button,
Project Description, Build Description & SCM Type.
        1.14

Favorite
This plugin allows users to favorite a job.
        1.16

Favorite View Plugin
An alternative implementation of the tab bar. Users can mark some views as
favorites, and these will show up as tabs. Other views are listed in a dropdown.
        1.0

Hudson iPhoneView plugin
This plugin allows you to view the status of your jobs via iPhone or iPod touch.
        0.2

Javadoc Plugin
This plugin adds Javadoc support to Jenkins.
        1.1

Job Node Stalker
Lets you configure jobs to run on the same node, and if desired the same
workspace, as another job.
        1.0.3

JobConfigHistory Plugin
Job history plugin for Jenkins.
        2.10

jQuery Plugin
This allows other plugins to use jQuery in UI.
        1.7.2-1

JUnit Plugin
Allows JUnit-format test results to be published.
        1.2-beta-3

LDAP Plugin
Adds LDAP authentication to Jenkins
        1.6

Mailer
This plugin allows you to configure email notifications. This is a break-out of
the original core based email component.
        1.11

Matrix Authorization Strategy Plugin
Offers matrix-based security authorization strategies (global and per-project).
        1.1

Matrix Project Plugin
Multi-configuration (matrix) project type.
        1.3

Maven Project Plugin
Jenkins plugin for building Maven 2/3 jobs via a special project type.
        2.7.1

Metadata plugin
This plugin allows metadata to be added to projects, builds and slaves in
Jenkins. Users can add metadata manually on a project or slave via the user
interface. Metadata can also be added programmatically through a plugin.
Currently, this can be done when a build starts or when a build ends. The
Metadata can then be searched for.
        1.1.0b

Monitoring external jobs
Adds the ability to monitor the result of externally executed jobs.
        1.2

Node and Label parameter plugin
This plugin adds two new parameter types to job configuration - node and label,
this allows to dynamically select the node where a job/project should be
executed.
        1.5.1

OWASP Markup Formatter Plugin
Uses the OWASP Java HTML Sanitizer to allow safe-seeming HTML markup to be
entered in project descriptions and the like.
        1.1

PAM Authentication Plugin
Adds Unix Pluggable Authentication Module (PAM) support to Jenkins.
        1.1

Parameterized Remote Trigger Plugin
This plugin triggers a job on a remote Jenkins host
        2.1.3

Parameterized Trigger Plugin
This plugin lets you trigger new builds when your build has completed, with
various ways of specifying parameters for the new build.
        2.25

Periodic Backup
Backup or restore your Jenkins configuration files
        1.3

Promoted Builds (Simple)
Simpler version of Promoted Builds plugin, with only manual promotion of builds.
        1.9

Rebuilder
This plugin is for rebuilding a job using the same parameters.
        1.22

Run Condition Plugin
Core conditions to select whether to execute a build step or publisher. Used by
the [Flexible Publish Plugin] and the [Conditional BuildStep Plugin].
        1.0

Script Security Plugin
Allows Jenkins administrators to control what in-process scripts can be run by
less-privileged users.
        1.11

Simple Parameterized Builds Report Plugin
For a given Parameterized Project, this plugin shows the builds sorted by the
parameters used to execute the builds
        1.4

Simple Theme Plugin
A plugin for Jenkins that supports custom CSS & JavaScript. You can customize
Jenkins's appearance (ex. his gentle face on the background).
        0.3

SSH Credentials Plugin
This plugin allows you to store SSH credentials in Jenkins.
        1.10

SSH Slaves plugin
This plugin allows you to manage slaves running on \*nix machines over SSH.
        1.8

Startup Trigger
This plugin allows you to trigger a build when job nodes (master/slave) start.
        2.4
Status View Plugin
View type to show jobs filtered by status of the last completed build.
        1.0

Subversion Plugin
This plugin adds the Subversion support (via SVNKit) to Jenkins.
        1.54

Text Finder Run Condition Plugin
This plugin is used to search for strings in workspace files. The outcome of
this search allows aconditional action.
        0.1

TextFinder plugin
This plugin is used to search for strings in workspace files. The outcome of
this search can be used to mark the build as normal or failed.
        1.10

ThinBackup
This plugin simply backs up the global and job specific configurations (not the
archive or the workspace).
        1.7.4

Token Macro Plugin
This plug-in adds reusable macro expansion capability for other plug-ins to use.
        1.10

Translation Assistance Plugin
This plugin adds an additional dialog box in every page, which enables people
to contribute localizations for the messages they are seeing in the current
page.
        1.10

Wall Display Plugin
This plugin provides a application that monitors jobs in a way suitable for
public wall displays.
        0.6.27