I've configured the following setting to load environment variables from a
.properties file:

1. Manage Jenkins > Manage Nodes > Node1 > Configure
2. Under Node Properties enabled the checkbox for 'Prepare Jobs environment'
3. In 'Properties File Path' I specify the path to the .properties file

In the job which is running on this node, I then have a script which is just
echoing the environment variable which is supposed to be loaded from the
.properties file, but this is always empty. The Output shows:

Started by user anonymous
[EnvInject] - Loading node environment variables.
Building remotely on Node1 (slave) in workspace C:\jenkins\workspace\EnvInject
Test
[EnvInject Test] $ powershell.exe "&
'C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\hudson4027871172984182957.ps1'"

Finished: SUCCESS

If I inject the .properties file in the Project from Build Environment or as a
build step, the variable is populated, but I can't get this working by
configuring it in the Node settings. Am I missing something or did I
misunderstand how to use the Node setting?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Josh