Adam Retter <adam.retter@...> writes:

> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks for your reply I have finally solved this, unfortunately it was
not as simple as I hoped (probably due to the fact our platform is on
Windows Server).

> The point you raised below, gave me a good hint -
> Run a simply svn command like list/info/whatever from a shell/command
box and accept the cert if prompted so.

> So looking at the build output, I could tell that the 'buildnumber'
Maven plugin was directly calling svn, so this was outside of Jenkins
awareness really. I then realised that Jenkins was running as the
'SYSTEM' user and so that svn command was being executed by the SYSTEM
user. Obviously the SYSTEM user needed to accept the server certificate
and provide authentication, which it didnt had.

> I located where svn keeps its auth details for the SYSTEM user on
Windows 2008 Server -
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\auth
and I copied in appropriate authentication files to the svn.simple and
and svn.ssl.server folders from another account where I knew the build
worked. It did now accept the SSL cert but refused to authenticate.

> So no luck doing that. I then tried a different approach. I re-
installed Jenkins making sure that it would run under a custom user
account called - "s-subversion" and configured the Windows service
appropriately to use that account. When I tried to build the project I
had the same issue again, but I could now open a command prompt running
as the 's-jenkins' user and execute 'svn up' in the job's workspace, svn
then prompted me to accept the server certificate and enter a username
and password. After that running the build again in Jenkins now works
perfectly.

> I have added the detail above to try and assist future Windows server
users.

> Thanks

Hi,

I had figured out a solution for this.

Just login to the Windows Server with any user credentials.
Open Command Prompt,

set USERNAME=SYSTEMNAME$ (Whatever USERNAME is used as per the Jenkins)
set USERDOMAIN=DOMAIN (Whatever DOMAINNAME is used as per the Jenkins)
set USERPROFILE=C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile (same as the
one taken by Jenkins)

Then run svn command, so it will check for the username and profile
folder and come up with asking for svn credentials and it will get saved
as encrypted in the folders under
C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\auth

Thanks,
Sreekumar R