From: Varun Jain [mailto:vjain8...@gmail.com]
Sent: Dienstag, 28. April 2015 19:18
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Cc: Jennifer Hofmeister
Subject: Re: Jenkins 1.607 - Environment Variables Stuck

Hi Jennifer,

I'll test out the restarting master node in on Thursday and post the results...
but I feel that Simon and I are having the same issue here.

Thanks for the quick replies!
VJ

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 2:56:23 AM UTC-7, Jennifer Hofmeister wrote:
Hi VJ,
Hi Simon,

Just to sum it up… whatever process runs as a service will only load new env
values when restarted. The JNLP and JNLP command line options are spawned from
the Jenkins master service, so you’ll want to restart that one after changing
your envs so it can pick up new values and pass them on. It’s all about to
which Windows service your node goes back to. (ok, you said you already tried
this… but just to double-check.)

For me (Windows master and slaves), this was always a safe way to fix env
problems, but if you’re concrete sure it’s no service configuration thing and
still have troubles, maybe try out the “Environment variables” tickbox in the
node configuration. You can have global values overwritten by whatever you
specify, and these variables are then passed on to every process in the build.

Best,

Jennifer